Tuesday, May 11, 2010

John Lennon's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.”
Who was the last celebrity that you thought was bright until you saw them interviewed?

I am not much of a celeb drooling person - yes most of them just look good and some look good stupid!

2. “Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.”
Do you get upset and do you think you're being lazy when you do nothing?

I am upset later - but at the spur of the moment if I have enjoyed wasting time then I am happy to be

3. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.”
Do you think that the U.S. and our wars seem to just ignore our history?

Pretty much ignore everything. I am not sure where the essence of life went!

4. "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
Do you feel you conform just to fit in?

I hardly ever. Where I see things not fitting in - I step out!

5. "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
Do you feel that you at times do not enjoy the moment because you are worried about what comes next?

Thank you God for making me the sort who doesn't do ifs and buts. If I like it, no questions asked I will go all the way, if not, no one can make me do anything in it or for it!

6. "The more real you get, the more unreal everything else is."
Does it seem that when you learn more about yourself, that others' opinions of you are more likely to seem stupid?

Lol. It happens all the time. Whether I am learning anything about myself or not!

7. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
Do you feel that when you share beliefs with someone, there is more likelihood in accomplish a goal?

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!! and I get sad at times when I see me too determined because I know that will never be the case with him.

8. "God is a concept by which we measure our pain."
How religious or spiritual are you? Or how cynical are you? (Pick your question.)

I am spiritual to the extent of bowing my head in front of no one but God, knowing that He does what is the right for me and my faith doesn't do a dilly dally dance!
Cynical - hmmmmm I have to take a quiz for that!

9. "Before Elvis there was nothing."
Do you think as rock 'n roll history is concerned, that Elvis had that big an impact?

I am not sure if I followed rock and roll ever!

10. "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that."
Do you feel after what has happened on Wall Street and our financial institutions, that his quote is more relevant today?

What the greats said yesterday will forever be valid :) they were wise and hence could foresee!

2 comments:

Pamela Scott said...

great answers...the look good stupid is really the right answer :-) I love that you "step out" makes for a more interesting world that we live in..

I am Harriet said...

I like to step out too.
Have a great day!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/05/life-is-what-happens-while-you-are-busy-making-other-plans/