Friday, May 22, 2009

A Philo-Foursome

The name does not really suggest what the post will be about, and obviously I will not keep you hanging. I just ripped this off [with decency] from a fellow bloggers page and this is entirely taken from BBC. Without wasting much of your time I will hit right at it so that you may comment and ponder if necessary.

P.S. Broadway is dark tonight :D

My life is general has been hooked by the threads of philosophy, and this is something I believe in rather just a couple of questions which need answering.

It's World Philosophy Day - an opportunity to contemplate one's very
existence and whether computer monitors really exist, says David Bain.

Here is my shot.

SHOULD WE KILL HEALTHY PEOPLE FOR THEIR ORGANS?
Suppose Bill is a healthy man without family or loved ones. Would it be ok painlessly to kill him if his organs would save five people, one of whom needs a heart, another a kidney, and so on? If not, why not?

Ahem. Is Bill not entitled to life if he doesn’t have some people to look forward to like all of us? Does he not have his own aspirations and yearnings? He might be making better use of himself than those five others who have it all but that which they need for survival. Life is a gift unto us, but it is the sort of gift which we will be answerable about on THE DAY. We have our individual rights to live in the capacity we have been entitled to. Beyond that is not our business, not anyone's business. The no ok is because it is his luck that he has a healthy body and not the luck and time of those who dont have it.

ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON WHO STARTED READING THIS ARTICLE?

Consider a photo of someone you think is you eight years ago. What makes that person you? You might say he she was composed of the same cells as you now. But most of your cells are replaced every seven years. You might instead say you're an organism, a particular human being, and that organisms can survive cell replacement - this oak being the same tree as the sapling I planted last year.

I have been totally replaced by a new me. Years is too much to consider, I am not the same person I was two minutes ago. We as human change with the tick of the minute. Not just the physical changes, but the mental refinement or deformation which takes place is all change within us. From the day I was born, until the day I die, I will constantly acquire a shape, size, form and entity which will be different, unique and outstanding in some context.

IS THAT REALLY A COMPUTER SCREEN IN FRONT OF YOU?

What reason do you have to believe there's a computer screen in front of you? Presumably that you see it, or seem to. But our senses occasionally mislead us. A straight stick half-submerged in water sometimes look bent; two equally long lines sometimes look different lengths

No. It is not a computer screen. It is a window into my soul and a window I take a view from and see so much happening around me. I will equal it for myself. When I see myself in the mirror and see a reflection of myself, that is one me and when I can't see myself but the world can see me, which is another perception. In two ways, this computer screen is not a screen but a window.

DID YOU REALLY CHOOSE TO READ THIS ARTICLE?

The only cause of reading the article was my fate which bought me this. I did choose to read this article because the line of my fate directed me to the grounds of HFM's blog and thus the BBC page and I could not help myself but be inspired. When change has to come, it is routed; all you got to do is follow the light and be there. And hence here I am.

0 comments: