
Hey you... Yes you - lots of love for you :)
Given the privilege to speak out myself on a podium where maybe I am alone and cannot catch an eye I am familiar with, I shall still speak. I thought I knew you. I thought because of the words you spill when you appreciate me are true. But I guess it’s easier to see what we want to see than to look for the truth which is always hidden in a lie.
You think you know me because you read me and I spill everything there is in words; but you will never know me for you only know that which you want to see. You can assume I am the bitch who goes around throwing her weight, being bad-ass, tearing relationships apart, making taken-men fall for me and be a calamity in your stable frame of mind. Obviously that is what you want to see and probably, you on the inside are too insecure of lives that are around you. While I speak to you in humbleness, I truly plead for you to know me for who I am. I don't want that crown to flaunt, or that dirt to bathe in. Let me be whom I choose to be and don't spit your disgusting souls over me because that really doesn't do much for either of us. It really tells me that you are a perverted soul, that roams inside the crowds, passing remarks and pinching butts just because of a reason you know better.
I am no angel, but I am far above you in every way. You have no idea of the truth, because you are wearing a cloak of lies on you. Sad but true, You don’t know what I can do. You see me as someone popular trying to go around wanting attention and appreciation and yet not satisfied with what I am getting, so I go on further. I never claim to have all answers, I never said I am the best, please praise me. But when you ridicule me rather than criticism me, you give me a pride booster. I am proud to be the girl whom you envy so much. I am proud that you spill your disgust on me wanting to take me down but have no idea about how accomplished you make me. I appreciate the complexities you have, how you think I will steal your lime light, I am honored by the recognition you give me. With popularity comes consequence and if you choose to make me your nightmare, I shall take it like an opportunity where I rise above you once again.
People, I may not always know what I’m doing but I’ll try to make things better because you mean something to me, we have a connection and I will do something to build it always rather destroy it. I will make mistakes, I will do what I shouldn't have, because as human that is my right. I will need your help and you will have to promise me that you will help me. I can’t ride this alone, but if you’ll take a chance on me, we can do great things together. I promise if you believe in me, I’ll find the courage to reach for what I have imagined and want in my every every dream - holding hands is just a way of saying, 'we are in this together', and so we shall.
Nathaniel Hawthorne once wrote: "No man, for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true."
Stay true to all and see it work like magic!
Stay true to all and see it work like magic!
Thank you very much!
Sunday Scribblings

11 comments:
Just beautiful :)
Just such a nice thank you...wish i could say this to someone long back....!
Hey.
it was a bit confusing for me..
but true,wearing faces is not a good thing to do..
and loved the last line.
An honest post from u as always!! Love u for being urself hun.
Hey that was an honest post! esp liked stay true to all!
well done :)
Yet another beautiful piece of writing..
Hi AD...
Wow that was some statement u made there!
Had me guessing whether u are actually thanking or lambasting someone;-)
Reminds me of my own post of “I am”...
A quest for ourselves...
May we reach our abodes:-)
nice true message AD :)
Simply Beautiful thought and wonderfully expressed :)
I see a lot of pain, anger from both sides but finally, there's honesty and peace and confidence.
A compelling speech.
what is this all about?
Know thyself remains the final journey.
interesting write up!
Post a Comment